25 June 2013

celebration

i think its important to find things to celebrate.
birthdays and holidays are kind of obligatory occasions of celebration, not to say i don't love celebrating them, because i do, but to me theres just something a little more fun about finding a unique or random reason to celebrate something or someone.

today i celebrate my 14 days of sobriety!

two weeks. it has been a very long two weeks. this time i've been apart from d. has felt like its been longer than the time we were together... the days pass much slower without her in my life.

i have something big planned today for my celebration... im not sure if its entirely possible to do today because it requires a few things that are out of my control... but even if it doesn't happen exactly today, the day it does happen, (which will be very soon) there will be one of the best reasons to celebrate.

i am a son of God. He loves me and He trusts me.
when i am humble i qualify myself for the grace of God and the healing and enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
that is the only way possible to obtain any true sobriety because i of myself am weak, but with the power of the Lord there is nothing i can't do.
i love this gospel and know its true
i love feeling the promptings of the Holy Ghost
i love receiving personal revelation
i love my journal
i love my Heavenly Father and my elder brother Jesus Christ
and i love all of you who are working through your own recovery and/or supporting and sustaining those you love in their's.
you're really something special.

3 comments:

  1. You are wonderful! Congrats to you and the Lord for 14 days! It's amazing how they add up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stacey! 8')
      and they do start to add up!
      i love that i only have to worry about being in recovery NOW.
      i don't have to stress about whether i'll be in recovery when (hopefully) in the future i'm a husband and a father and allow all that worry and doubt and fear to weigh me down. God will take care of my days and weeks and months and years as i take care of my seconds minutes and hours

      Delete
  2. congrats p.! you're working so hard and you deserve all those blessings!
    you goin to pizzeria 712 to celebrate??!
    you're doing so great. its wonderful to hear.
    enjoy your celebration.
    celebrate everyday.

    keep goin!
    -d.

    ReplyDelete