21 July 2013

love will find me

heard this song on the way to church this morning



2nd verse i connected with the most
love will find me

todays lesson in sunday school was about trials and how because of how much God loves us he tries and tests us and allows us to pass through sorrow so that we can learn and grow... pretty fitting for what i'm currently going through.

from But for a Small Moment -
"If God chooses to teach us the things we most need to learn because he loves us, and if he seeks to tame our souls and gentle us in the way we most need to be tamed and most need to be gentled, it follows that he will customize the challenges he gives us and individualize them so that we will be prepared for life in a better world by his refusal to take us out of this world, even though we are not of it. In the eternal ecology of things we must pray, therefore, not that things be taken from us, but that God's will be accomplished through us."

God then doesn't always cause the trials and suffering we go through perhaps as often as He allows us to go through them. and the truth is most of my suffering has come as a result of my own sins, but that suffering can work for my good if i allow it to by continuing to repent, recover and be obedient to my covenants and responsibilities.

its not that He necessarily caused me to fall in love with someone who would end up leaving me or that he wanted me to go through this extremely emotional loss of our relationship or that it was His intention for me to erroneously believe that we loved each other enough to keep working towards being sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. 

it's because of his perfect love for me that He allows me to be tried and tested and for burdens to be placed upon my shoulders. He allows me to go through all of these difficult experiences, whether by His design or due to my own self imposed suffering, that through these experiences i can develop the abilities i need to develop and into the man he would have me develop so that one day, through my faithfulness, i can become as He is.

with His perfect love, 
with His infinite knowledge, 
with His eternal perspective, 
He has designed a perfectly personal plan for me that is better than anything i could ever choose for myself and it is merely my responsibility while here on earth to be obedient and submit to His will and not mine own. 

a true and real and loving and lasting relationship will find me.

6 comments:

  1. Love your insights. What He has in store for us is greater than we can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. and that is what i try to think of anytime i start to feel myself trying to control the situation to get what i want, to have my will and not His be done.

      Delete
  2. Love that! And so true. Man - trials sure become easier once we get passed the 'why me?' and sink into the refining process.. changing our outlook to 'what can I learn from this?'

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sidreis. It truly is so much different when we're able to see from a different perspective.

      Delete
  3. Loved this post especially the thought that he doesn't always cause things in our lives but allows them.

    ReplyDelete